In 1919 a strip of land fronting West Street in Storrington was bequeathed by a Mrs Knight for the purpose of creating a Social Club for service men returning from the Great War.
In 1920 Lt. Col. H. Ravenscroft, rented the adjacent land, just North of the Social Club, and had his Head Gardener and under gardener, lay a four rink bowling green and, in 1921, the first Club officers were elected and the Bowling Club Formed.
In 1926 the first Club Competitions were held, and around that time affiliation to the English Bowling Association was sought and granted. Over the years, the Club went through many changes, 1929 saw two more rinks added, and a new pavilion was built.
In 1967 at the A.G.M members voted for a Ladies Section to be formed and 1968 saw the start of the new Ladies Section with 10 members. Now in its 10th decade, Storrington Bowling Club is looking forward to celebrating its 100th Anniversary in 2021.
View some photos in the Gallery by clicking on the Album entitled History.